Sunday 1 January 2012

Review: Models Prefer Brush Cleaner

An anti-bacterial cleaner designed to keep brushes hygienically clean. Use between makeup applications to remove traces of makeup. Suitable for synthetic & natural bristle powder, foundation, blush, eye and lip brushes.

I've never had a proper blush cleaner before, but when I received my first good quality brushes for Christmas, I thought I should invest in one to lengthen the life and hygiene of them. I've been looking around Priceline for one for a couple of weeks, simply because I didn't want to spend $20 on a MAC one without knowing alternate options. Priceline are currently having 25% off Models Prefer products, a Priceline-exclusive brand, and I discovered that they have a brush cleaner, so that was the one I decided to try out.

I paid $9.69 for a 125mL (4.2 fl. oz) bottle, which is quite a reasonable price for the Australian market, and the product itself works quite well! I don't really have anything to compare it too, but by simply following the instructions, this product does provide quite an effective clean that leaves brushes fit for next use.

The one issue I have with this product is the smell. It has quite a pungent, alcoholic smell that has, what I believe, to be a light vanilla scent. The only smell I've ever smelt that resembles this is the Vanilla Smirnoff (vodka), which I despise! At least you know from the smell that there is lots of alcohol to kill any germs and rid of any bacteria, which is the upside to the smell.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this product for anyone in the market for a reasonably priced makeup brush cleaner! It does the job well and is not too difficult to source.

Have you found any great brush cleaners you would recommend?
Love Gianna
xx

4 comments:

  1. We just use Johnson's baby wash to clean our brushes. It's delicate and smells great!

    Just found your blog through the Monday Beauties Blog Hop & we're now following. We'd love for you to visit our blog sometime & do the same. :) Drop us a comment if you do!

    Happy New Year!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from the beauty obsessed blog hop. I have never heard of this brand but I will definitely look into buying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I will definitely look into this as keeping up with the MAC cleansers are pricey. It's $20 but when you need 3-4 bottles a year, it all adds up :(

    I hope you had a happy new year Gianna! Looking foward to your posts in 2012 :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! :D

    I just bought this but was nervous about if it would work or not. Yayyy! haha

    ReplyDelete