So over the past few weeks, I've tried to limit myself to how many cosmetics I've purchased, because for my circumstances, I'm unfortunately bordering on a little too much. However, such cases have risen that have made me feel like it was a good time to purchase new products.
Over the past few months, I've come across the European brand Essence and loved all the products they used. I only thought they were at discount sales, until an amazing Aussie Beauty Blogger Jerry (seriously, go check her our - the things she can do with multiple eyeshadow colours!) told me Essence was now stocked at target. I hurried over and to my surprise, even my Target had a stand, and compared to Aussie drugstore brands, these products were amazingly cheap! Prices resemble more BYS in Australia, as opposed to Covergirl.
From Essence, I hauled:
- A red Jelly Blush, Blush Gelee in Bloody Mary, that when blended out provides a lovely rosy glow. This is from the 'Vampire Love' collection
- A Stay With Me Long Lasting Lipgloss in Berry Me, a gorgeous, deep berry colour
- A Colour & Go Quick Drying Nail Polish in Blue Addicted, a gorgeous blue based polish filled varying colours and shapes of glitter
For anyone interested, before I have reviews on these, if you see them around you should really consider picking them up!
Priceline are having a 3 for 2 deal on Maybelline products at the moment, so, as I needed more concealer, I thought that would be an excuse to pick up a few other products I wanted to try! The products I bought were:
- My HG concealer, Maybelline SuperStay 24hr Concealer, because this baby stays put and stays covering for ages! Exactly what you want
- Dream Matte Powder. I finally jumped on the bandwagon and decided to try this out, especially considering how amazing it's meant to be
- Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Amethyst Smokes. I needed a product to bump it up, and I reluctantly came up with this. I'm a bit wary about the pigmentation of Maybelline eyeshadows, but I just adore the colours in this palette and can't wait to try it out!
Priceline had a Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation reduced to clear for $4.50. There was only the fair shade left, but after I tried it, I realized that even that shade was a bit light for me. The formulation of this is incredibly thick with a strong smell, and I think that if I were to wear it, it would be a winter foundation. $4.50 for 30mL is actually pretty amazing, but it's not hard to think why it was reduced.
My local supermarket had a range of 'summery' products on sale, and to my dismay, I'm have an Italian heritage, but unfortunately am ridiculously pasty! I picked up a Palmers Cocoa Butter Bronze range Sunless Tanner & Instant Bronzer with SPF15 (what a name!) for $4.50 (yes, I am a bargain shopper! I find it allows me to buy more :P) and am really looking forward to trying this out as both a tanner and a sunscreen!
So this was my haul, ladies and gentlemen. I plan on doing reviews and swatches for quite a few of these products, but if you have anything in particular you want to see one on, just let me know!
Have you done any hauls lately?