Tuesday 24 January 2012

Review: Australis Concealer

First of all, I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I've been really caught up with work and summer, and I haven't had as much time to post lately.

Now, on to the review. If you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll know how much I love the new/redone range of Australis products, so it was an obvious thought that when I began to run of of my beloved HG concealer (Maybelline Superstay) that I should try one of their concealers.

This concealer comes in three shades - Light, Medium and Dark. That is the one main downfall I find with the Australis range - their shade selection is minimum. I ended up choosing the colour Light, because since I've become a beauty blogger, I've come to the conclusion that I am very fair skinned.

The concealer comes in a stick form that comes out a tube, very much resembling a lipstick. It has a very creamy consistency, and it blends quite easily into the skin. It also has a yellow undertones - not too full on though, and blends quite well into my often bright pink skin. I like using it under my eyes to hide my dark circles, because I find it looks just a bit more natural, as opposed to heavy, full coverage.

Left: Swatched. Right: Blended out

I have an issue with this concealer when it comes to hiding blemishes. Light pink or dark discoloration can be hidden when I build up the concealer, but it doesn't work on big blemishes. To my misfortune, I have a big, red, unfortunate-looking spot and I tried a couple of layers of this concealer, building it up as one coat doesn't seem to do it, and it was covered fine. A couple of hours later however, I noticed that that spot in particular was no longer concealed. It had caked up on top of the spot, and the redness was showing through. Now I'm not sure if it's because in Melbourne it's currently sweltering, or because of the concealer lasting strength itself, but I wasn't too happy about the blemish showing.

Overall, I don't mind this concealer. I won't be using it for blemishes, but may keep using it for my ridiculously dark under eye circles. I probably wouldn't buy this again, unless it grows on me in the near future, but will keep it in my stash.

Have you ever tried this concealer? What was your opinion?
Love Gianna
xx







2 comments:

  1. I was looking at this at Priceline since there is a sale but I hate it when there are no testers!!!
    It's like buying a car without knowing anything about it. Well not really but you get the idea. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really great, new follower from me, follow back? http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete