Monday 31 October 2011

Sleek 'Storm' Palette: Review and Swatches


My Sleek Palette arrived today, and I was sooooooooo excited that it had finally come! For those of you who don't know, Sleek is a UK 'high street' brand of makeup with fairly cheap prices (compared to Australian standards). Nearly every blogger I've seen has some form of Sleek product and raves about them all, so I thought I'd take the plunge and get a eyeshadow palette.

Now the first thing I noticed about the product is that both the box that it came in, as well as the palette casing itself, live up to the name of the brand - They're both in very sleek and classy thin, matte black packages with (almost embossed) shiny lettering. The palette itself is fairly compact, being not much bigger than an iPhone, with 12 pots, each 2cm in diameter.

Palette compared to an iPhone 4

Now the colours on the Storm, which I've yet to test the staying power of as this palette just arrived today, are extremely pigmented! The most pigmented, I would have to say, is the black. There are 3 matte eyeshadows (third on the top row, and last two on bottom row) in a colour similar to that of a waffle (ice cream) cone, a coffee colour, and a black. The rest of the colours are shimmery, but not glittery, which for me is a big plus!

Top row - a variety of soft browns(1,3,4),  a champagne(2) and a rose(5) and burgundy(6)

Bottom row - dark browns (1,5), a grey blue (2), dark green (3), sapphire (4) and black(6)

Sorry about the quality of the second row. The colours are pretty similar, but it suddenly got darker so the shimmer wasn't as pronounced.

The only issue I have with this palette is that many of the colours are really similar to colours I already have on the naked palette. Looking back, I should have gotten the original palette, as it has a bit more of a variety of colours that I don't already have, but the good priced eBay seller I found didn't have that one. Apart from that, I'm really happy with this set, and I think it will be good for making a different kind of smokey eye.

My two favorites definitely have to be the rose and the sapphire! This palette was highly impressive and I am certainly going to try buy another.

Do you have any 'drugstore' or cheaper palettes that you are highly impressed with?
Love Gianna
xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi hon! Just subscribed to your blog. You are off to such a great start! Hope you'll come check out my blog and do the same. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sleek palettes for the price and quality of the shadows the only negative I can find is that they can be quite delicate to touch and can get a little messy but other than that I love them.

    I found your blog via the blog hop with Kelly and Nykki - am a new follower!

    Becky @ http://beckysmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you probably are already aware of this but crushcosmetics.com.au sell some sleek products on their website. They have heaps of other great stuff too that is hard for us to get in Australia. If you havn't already, I would definitely recommend you check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks Kristie! Xx

    Becky, I noticed that too! One slight touch and the powder just goes everywhere, but apart from that I can find no fault with them :) and yay, thanks love :)

    Beauty discovered, I didn't know they were on crush cosmetics, but I have heard of the site and have been tempted to buy stuff, but sometimes I think some of the products (ESP combined with shipping under $60) can be costly, as compare to far cheaper sites like cherry culture.com or bulk sellers on eBay :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete