Wednesday 19 October 2011

First Haul: Burts Bee's, BYS and more..

Firstly, I would just like to apologize for the terrible quality of this picture - my camera decided to skitz and I could not for  the life of my figure out how to fix it.
Secondly, I think i have the blogging bug. Either that or its a justification for the amount of cosmetics I have been buying. But i think it was the first - it's just kinda fun!
Anyway, to the point of this post - a haul! I've been doing a bit of cosmetics shopping as of late, and I think its because I've been trying to avoid exam study, but thankfully, last one is friday. Now onto the haul!


 Rimmel Long Lasting Lipsticks in 05 and 14

So i've already done a review on these lipsticks, but I had to put them in. I'm pretty sure the berry is my new favorite lipstick. These lipsticks are brilliant!


Burt's Bees Extra Energizing body wash, Naturally Nourishing body lotion, and Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus

So a while ago, I was at myer and they had this little Burt Bee's kit for $25AU, and never having tried them before, went to buy it. The added benefit was that it scanned up for $15 :)
Anyway, i tried the products, absolutely loved them, and was able to pick up these three babies at wholesale prices.
The body wash is one of the most amazing things ever - citrusy, with a hint of ginger, and leaves my skin feeling moisturized and smoothed. It's one of the most amazing things ever!!
The moisturizer reminds me a lot of the Palmers moisturizer - they smell the same, and are both incredibly moisturizing, and work like a treat. The only difference is,  that this is slightly more runny.
The tinted lip balm is a lovely colour, nice and smooth, but the one problem I have with this is that it has a slightly bubblegum-my smell that I'm not the biggest fan of.
I don't think I'd pay full price for the lip balm, but i'd certainly repurchase the body wash and moisturizer.


BYS blush in CandyFloss, and BYS Longwear Lipstick in Firey Fushia

I knew my one of the 3 local $2 shops sold BYS products, but i'd always just shrugged them off. Today I went in looking for the Coral blush so many people rave about, but they didn't have it. I settled for the CandyFloss, hoping to test the consistency and wear on this instead. It's a lovely shimmery, almost bubblegum pick, and I'll be excited to try this out.
I've also heard great reviews about the lipsticks and was wanting to try one, so when I saw this one, I knew I had to buy it. A gorgeous bright magenta, that goes on really smooth and has a nice consistency. Can't wait to bring that one out.
I also picked up a white crayon eyeliner. Haven't done too much with it yet, but its nicely pigmented and also really smoothed.
I'm becoming quite impressed with these BYS products. I'm def gonna go buy me some more :)


Savvy by DB Baked Mineral eyeshadow in Bronze

Last thing I picked up was a Savvy by DB baked mineral eyeshadow in Bronze. I've heard some reviews about this product saying that it was surprisingly good. It's kind of rough at first, but surprisingly pigmented. I'm excited to see the wear on this shadow.

I've also just ordered a Sleek and ELF eyeshadow palette. Can't wait for those to come :)



Have you done any great hauls lately? What's your favorite purchase been as of late?
Love Gianna
xx

3 comments:

  1. Nice review, good to hear that the BYS products you purchased were worthwhile. I have found that they are a bit hit and miss - some are amazing and others are dreadful! I like the Savvy lipglosses but haven't tried any other products.
    xCandice

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eyeshadow looks really good =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Burt's Bees! Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'll definitely be tuning in here :)

    http://powdrroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete